Sunday, February 14, 2010

Me and car batteries

February 12, 2010

Let me just preface this by saying "No, I did not leave the lights on in the car!!!" Apparently I have quite the luck when it comes to car batteries! For those of you who are unaware of my history with car batteries, simply refer to my previous post titled "stupid car".

A few months ago we traded my Honda Pilot in for a used Chevy Suburban. I absolutely LOVE my suburban! I was preparing to leave to take the kids to school/daycare when I went to start the car and it was sluggish to say the least. I asked Rick if that was the battery. He said yes and asked if I had left anything turned on. I was proud to say - NO!!!! :) So I went on to work with the intentions of him looking at the car later.

After work I had a few errands to run. I was happy that my car started (still sluggish). I went to the pharmacy, turned the car off & went inside. Now in the back of my mind I'm thinking... should I have left it running??? Fortunately it started again upon leaving the pharmacy. Then I went to the postnet place to mail a package. Again I turned the car off. Well... I guess I pushed my luck a little too far b/c this time it would not start back up! Fortunately I wasn't too far from the office and one of my coworkers drove over and gave me a jump start. I drove it straight home and Rick put a new battery in it for me!! :) Now it starts up everytime without hesitation!

I'm thinking I may need to invest in a pair of jumper cables to keep with me given my love/hate relationship with car batteries!

No comments:

Post a Comment