Sunday, December 20, 2009

Hard Day

December 20, 2009

I had every intentions of today being a good day. While for the most part it was, it was to say the least an emotional day. We got up for church, and the first person I saw was Monsignor Bridges. He gave me a hug and asked how I was doing. My eyes immediately swelled up with tears. Then I saw Beth, she sang at Grace's service; she too gave me a big hug and I just started crying. That set the mood for the entire day - emotional! Throughtout mass I was teary-eyed. The choir sang two songs during mass that were sang at Grace's service. Then just the readings and homily set me to tears. And that was only the first hour of the day! Guess I'm not ready to face the world yet!

My dear friend Danielle came to visit this afternoon. She has helped me so much since we found out the diagnosis 3 months ago. It was so good to see her. Emotional as well. I was recapping events from the delivery as well as our experience at the hospital. I shared some pictures as well as some keepsakes given to me by the hospital. She is moving to Utah in just a few days, I'm really going to miss her!

So while this day was an emotional rollercoaster for me, and unfortunately the first of many "firsts", I did survive. Tomorrow will be a week from when Grace entered this world and passed on to the next. I am still going through the physical recovery from delivery, and have a long road ahead for the emotional healing. But I know that with the help of God's Grace I will get there!

3 comments:

  1. I'm crying with you! It is understandable why you are on the emotional roller coaster, it's ok, really. I'll pass on one of the verses that I found that Jared had written on an index card. He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy! Job 8:21 He will do it, He promises!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope our visit didn't make things more difficult for you. If it did, I am sorry! Thank you for sharing your experience with me. While I wish I hadn't had to go through my own experiences that led me to the knowledge I have gained, I am so happy that I was able to help you.

    I am glad I got to see you before we leave. I am going to miss you!

    ReplyDelete