Thursday, December 31, 2009

let the healing begin...

December 31, 2009

Things have certainly gotten better since that first week home from the hospital. I am physically feeling better - now that the pink eye, stomach bug, & UTI are all behind me! I have slowly begun the healing process. I have been able to go to church and not cry. Christmas was truly a joyful and blessed day! While I have enjoyed having both mine and Rick's family around these past two weeks, it has been really nice to just have some quiet time with just me and Rick.

I saw Dr. Molland on the 23rd. He was checking to make sure I hadn't fallen into some deep depression ;) I had told him that despite the "week from hell", I was still able to find some joy in things. I guess he felt sorry for me because he sent me a beautiful flower arrangement. I was so shocked to receive those flowers - such an act of kindness. I was overwhelmed with emotion.

Last night I went out for the first time in a LONG time with a friend of mine. No kids, no husband, just me. It was hard to remember what that felt like. It was a very relaxing, and I enjoyed myself immensly. I even drank a beer! ;-) Thanks Kristi!!!

I still haven't decided exactly when I will be heading back to work. Today is Rick's first day back at work. Good thing I have the kids here to keep me company! I still haven't had to face a day by myself. We'll just have to wait and see how I do with that one.

Many thanks to those of you out there who continue to pray for our healing. I know that with time all will be better, and I will continue to hold God's Grace close to my heart!

Happy New Year!!!! :-)

1 comment:

  1. I didn't remember until I read this that I too got pink eye after I had Elizabeth. I think it's because of all the tears/eye wiping and handling her before she was washed properly. I think she was just trying extra hard to make sure I wouldn't forget her ;).

    It's good to see that you're doing ok. Expect cycles of emotions. Some days you'll be reasonably chipper and some days pretty Eeyore, but it does get easier and easier with time. For me, the hardest was just getting over that 1 year hump.

    Have a peaceful New Year~

    ReplyDelete