Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Flu Shots

October 2, 2009

I found out that the kids pediatrician had gotten flu shots in and they were holding a "flu clinic". First come, first serve for the first 50 patients, from 1pm to 4pm. What is this - the health department??? I've never heard of something so crazy. I called and tried to schedule them, but the receptionist refused. So... I took off work and left to pick up the kids. By the time I had picked up both of them it was already 1:15pm. I decided to call to see how many people had shown up - 56!!!!! The receptionist said they weren't taking anymore patients today. CRAZY!!! I explained to her how I had taken off of work and gotten my kids out of school / day care to get their shots and now I would have to do it all over again????? Fortunately she felt sorry for me and said we could come in. Thank you!!! Of course we did wait over 2.5 hours for them to get their shots, but it got done! What about when the H1N1 vaccine comes out -- what will happen then? Just might go to health dept! LOL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment