Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Preparing

October 1, 2009

It's hard to believe it has been 3 weeks already since we were first told about our baby. I have tried to remain positive. God continues to place people in my path to guide me. Danielle gave me 2 infant outfits that she made; one for the baby and one for us to keep. They are so beautiful and so perfect. All white with satin trim. I also have a beautiful white blanket and cap my mother-in-law made for the baby. We also bought an infant sized rosary and we have some holy water for when the baby comes. While I can't control when this will all happen, at least I can try and prepare for it all. I also ordered some 3D sculpting/casting kits to keep a memory of the baby's feet and hands.

I also made a call to a local funeral home. Boy was that the hardest call to make!!! I was so upset by the time I hung up the phone I didn't remember anything she told me, except a casket would cost $150 and everything else was donated by the funeral home. How amazing is that!?! I had to have Rick call them back, and God bless him he took care of all the arrangements, to include talking with Monsignor Bridges and the cemetary. I just couldn't bring myself to call them back. We have decided to have a service for our family members only. It will just be too hard to share beyond family...

No comments:

Post a Comment