Thursday, October 22, 2009

Something new

October 22, 2009

I had my scheduled follow-up sonogram appointment for today. Not a whole lot has changed with respective to the baby. The baby continues to grow, and I feel movement everyday. I am 25 weeks 5 days today and the baby measured 24 weeks and weighed 1 pound 11 ounces. Seen for the first time today was the bladder and the stomach, both with fluid in them now. The right kidney is still enlarged and full of cysts, while the left kidney was hardly detectable; all the cysts on the left have been absorbed. So it seems there is some slight urine/fluid production by the baby, but there was still no measurable amount of fluid in the sac. So ultimately the prognosis has not changed any. There is still not enough fluid to allow proper development of the lungs.

At my last ultrasound 5 weeks ago, the placenta was in the anterior position. This means it was lying in front. Today the placenta is overlying my cervix - which is called placenta previa. I have a complete complete placent previa, which means the placenta completely covers the cervix. They scheduled me for another sono in 6 weeks to see if the placenta moves back up. If it doesn't move than I have to deliver via C-section. Which is not the idea scenario for our given situation.

I am determined not to get down about this latest news. There is a reason for everything, even if I don't know why. God is good and He will continue to carry us through this!!

I talked to my sister today, and she read a verse from Psalms that she had come across during her bible study today that I would like to share with all. It was most fitting for the day!

Psalm 62: 5-8
For God alone my soul waits in silence,
for my hope is from Him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress; I shall not be shaken.
On God rests my deliverance and my honor;
my mighty rock, my refuse is in God.
Trust in Him at all times, O people;
pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us.

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh that's a difficult ultrasound. But you have a good attitude about it. We thought we were headed for a c-section too because of her position until literally 5 minutes before I delivered. Miracles can and do happen! Think happy, placenta moving thoughts :). Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina-

    You don't know me but I work with Carmen and know where you are right now. It has been a little over 2 months since we lost our precious baby boy. Know that I pray for you daily and the strength you are showing is amazing. God is so good and He has a perfect plan for you and this sweet baby you are carrying. Stay strong and I pray that your placenta moves back up so you can have the best birth experience possible.

    love and prayers
    whitney

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi introduced me to your blog. She and I met online and she helped me through our difficult journey with our 3rd son, Samuel, who was diagnosed with Potters. My heart just weeps when I find other mommies on the same journey that we took. But it rejoices when I read the part where God is your Rock and your Foundation and He is leading and guiding each step you take; even carrying you when necessary. Praise God for all He is doing and working in and through you as you faithfully follow the plan that's laid before you. God does have a plan. Your precious little one means more to Him than imaginable. Thank you for sharing. Prayers daily for you and your family. God bless, Kim

    ReplyDelete